Sunday, March 27, 2011

Who has time to grade??

This week I wanted to blog about a freeware I use about every two weeks with my students; this website is a quiz-taking site for teachers to administer assessments: Classmarker.com. It has been a life-saver. I administer all my quizzes on this website. Don't have a room full of computers? No problem! Assign the quizzes for homework. I purposely make the questions somewhat challenging because I know they are open-notebook (and open-internet I'm sure). I'm OK with that because as students review their notes, they are reviewing the content.

The website has several options for questions: multiple choice, true/false, etc. You can even add diagrams and pictures.

Initially setting up all your rosters and classes is time-consuming, but once it is done... it is so worth it. Best of all, the website saves all results and old assessments (so you can reuse them every year with inputting them again and again).

You can also alter the time limits, randomization of answers, when/if students see their score and the correct answers and many other options.

Did I mention its totally FREE?

Here are some screen shots from my account:


No comments:

Post a Comment